Child Protection Policy
Orpington Gymnastic Club is committed to ensuring that those working with children and vulnerable adults
adopt best practice to ensure the health, safety and welfare of the participants.
The club will endeavour to promote the highest standards of care for all members, volunteers and officials by:
- The adoption of the BG Health, Safety and Welfare guidelines.
- The adoption of the BG guidelines for the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults.
- The appointment of a Welfare Officer (Child Protection Officer) to whom grievances or complaints can be made confidentially.
- Ensuring that volunteers are suitably trained in Child Protection and Health, Safety and Welfare issues.
- Ensuring that coaches and officials have been screened to confirm their suitability to working with children.
Where appropriate this will include Criminal Record Bureau disclosure.
- Ensuring that best coaching practice guidelines are followed at all times.
- Ensuring that grievances or complaints are dealt with promptly and in accordance with the grievance procedures.
- Ensuring that a minimum of two responsible adults are present at all training sessions or events.
- Ensuring that the participants and/or parents are aware of the purpose of videoing, filming or photography during training or events.
- Having a zero tolerance level to poor practice, bullying or any potential form of abuse.
You can e-mail our Welfare Officer: email@example.com with any welfare issues.